Lavie Bio, a subsidiary of Evogene, focused on discovery, optimization and development of microbiome-based Ag-Biological products to improve food quality, health and sustainability, is seeking a computational microbiologist, skillful with computational system design and architecture and background in microbial computational genomics, to join our multidisciplinary R&D team.
- Lead and coordinate the computational activity of Lavie Bio.
- Take an influential part in the design of Lavie Bio future computational roadmap and system architecture.
- Monitor roadmap execution according to plan and vision.
- Build computational models that capture scientific insights and perform data research as part of ongoing scientific programs.
- Design data generation efforts and in planta validation to test computational modules.
- PhD/ MSc with 2 years related work experience, in computational biology or related field.
- Strong background in computational biology, including machine learning, statistics, computational system design and architecture.
- Experience in programming in Perl, Python and/ or R, comfortable with UNIX
- Experience in interrogating microbial genomes and pairing them with other data.