We are looking for a Microbial Lab manager to join us.
Duties and responsibilities:
Work with Lavie bio R&D team members to execute work plan and achieve targets addressing product candidate discovery, product development and technology advancement.
- Professional responsibility:
- Lead and nurture a team of microbiologists and technicians, responsible for their professional training and supervision.
- Hands-on responsibility for all task of the laboratory including culturing using various techniques, microbial stocks management and strains identification and quality control.
- Lead research projects aim to develop new assays or generate data and results according to R&D needs.
- Develop and implement innovative and updated scientific methodologies.
- Manage the interfaces with related 3rd parties working with microbial lab.
- Microbial Bank management: Manage and maintain the integrity of Lavie Bio’s microbial bank and related databases.
- Inventory and purchasing management: Monitor and maintain reagents, disposable and instrument inventory according to needs including equipment QA.
- Safety and QA: Manage all laboratory safety and quality assurance aspects.
Education & experience:
- PhD with 1 year of industrial experience or M.Sc. with 3 years of industrial experience in the field of Microbiology – obligatory.
- Proven experience with various microbiology and molecular biology techniques – obligatory.
- Highly proficient with applied scientific projects management, microbial collection management and employee management – obligatory.
- Background and experience in biochemistry or fermentation and formulation – advantage.
- Understanding in one of the following fields – obligatory: Microbial Ecology, Plant Microbiome, Biologicals or Industrial Microbiology.
Send CV to firstname.lastname@example.org